Business and technology resource with over 5 years of professional experience including 4 years of technology consulting. Specialize in the platform and middleware technology solutions space with focus on leading complex project initiatives, enterprise architecture design, business strategy goals, and road maps with a defined ROI. Recognized manager, problem solver, and negotiator for consulting initiatives.
Red Hat - Austin, TX
2012 - Present
Territory Services Manager
- Responsible for over 750 accounts throughout nine states. Interface directly with 13 Red Hat sales managers resulting in $4.2 million booked revenue over 64 consulting projects. Exceeded goals 4 consecutive quarters with 90% travel.
- Manage 20 direct reports throughout Texas with 1 to 25 years of experience. Mentor consultants to enable their growth and increase their Red Hat product knowledge and technical skills. Provide quarterly reviews, career development goals, and succession planning.
- Focus on solution and insight selling thereby enabling each of the client organizations to decrease costs while increasing their market share. Help clients re-think and re-architect their current solutions to provide greater flexibility and agility through Open Source technology and modern development strategies.
- Speaker at Red Hat Summit 2012 presenting on Red Hat’s Enterprise Data Services for organizations implementing Service Oriented Architecture and upgrading to modern databases from outdated mainframes.
Red Hat - Austin, TX
2010 - 2012
- Lead a six person team at a large telecom company migrating over two hundred applications from Weblogic/Websphere to Red Hat JBoss thereby saving the company over $3 million annually.
- Consulted at multiple government agencies mentoring employees and configuring an enterprise-wide JBoss Enterprise Service Bus.
- Speaker at Red Hat Summit 2011 for co-developing JBoss WindUp product, which assists with JBoss migrations and upgrades. Red Hat and our partners now deploy WindUp as a sales tool throughout the world.
Hewlett-Packard - Austin, TX
2010 - 2010
- Assisted with the architecture development of proprietary pricing software to move from SAP to a full J2EE solution including Maven, WebLogic, Spring and Java, enabling an Agile Methodology to update the pricing rules quickly and flag exceptions automatically.
- Created testing programs in ABAP to ensure code quality.
- Aided in the creation and maintenance of pricing software for Hewlett-Packard and government agencies.
Palantir.net - Austin, TX
2009 – 2009
- Created and maintained Drupal Modules using PHP, MySQL, and JQuery.
- Worked in teams to provide support for non-profit organizations by updating current sites that use both Drupal and custom Content Management Systems.
Loyola University Chicago – Chicago, IL
Bachelor & Master of Science in Computer Science with a focus in Software Engineering
- Marie Hopper Service Award, 50 for the Future Award, Google Summer of Code, Graduated with Honors
- Published in ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) for “Arduino Programming for Non-Engineering Universities”
TECHNICAL LANGUAGES, SOFTWARE, CERTIFICATIONS
2013 – Harvard Negotiation Institute: Executive Negotiation Certification