If you are trying to install xampp on ubuntu and are getting the following error when trying to load up mysql:
'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' exists!
Complete the following steps in the command line:
cd into wherever the xampp tar file is.
$ sudo rm -rf /opt/lampp
$ sudo tar xvfz xampp-linux-1.7.4.tar.gz -C /opt
$ sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start
If you are getting the following error using Windows 7 and tortisecvs:
No CVSROOT specified! Please use the `-d' option or set the CVSROOT environment variable.
You need to enter the following commands:
C:\>cvs -d :pserver:yourusername@siteyourconnectingto/yourrepo login
If that was successful, you will get the following response:
Logging in to :pserver:yourusername@siteyourconnectingto/repo
Then checkout your project:
The Dalai Lama issued these a few years ago, but I just discovered them so here's a copy in case you've never heard of them before.
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs:
1. Respect for self
2. Respect for others
3. Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
So I had a lot of trouble getting Git to work on my Windows 7 PC. I tried Eclipse and EGit. With that I only could pull and could not get the authorizations right to push. So I decided to just try TortoiseGit.
- 1. Download msysGit from http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/
- 2. Then download TortoiseGit from http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/
Programming robobuilder with Microsoft Robotics Studio is not a very difficult task. The steps are the following:
1. Download Robotics Studio Express Edition R2
2. Download the Robotics Services from robobuilder.net for MRS
3. Download a sample program or go through the tutorial found in a PDF document at robosavvy.net
4. Begin Hacking
I'm in the process of programming Robobuilder in HUNO form. We have named him Ovid. Actually putting him together was a bit touch and go, especially since I mixed up the 6 module and the 9 module. Now he is together though. Getting the motion builder to work properly was an interesting feat. You must add all of the motions to him one by one in the same connection to get the remote to work as 1 - do a handstand, 2 - kick, and so forth.
So, the other day I finally decided to get a twitter. I know I know, I gave in and entered the twittersphere. It actually is pretty cool. A lot of companies post job openings on their twitter. CNN also has a breaking news update which is quite convenient since they post a bit more often then NYTimes does through email. A surprising number of my friends also have twitter so I can keep up with them. So far, I am quite happy with twitter and finally gave in. I will be posting random thoughts and interesting links regarding IT, Robotics, and just random funny things I find on the internet.